Sunday, February 7, 2010

Wong Soon Kee (王信记)Nasi Lemak

I grew up in Subang Jaya and with the famous Wong Soon Kee nasi lemak.



However, since I shifted to a stupidly hot desert – Cyberjaya, I hardly had the chance to eat anymore. I was tempted to tapau the nasi lemak and its super crispy fried chicken today since I’ve been loitering around Subang Jaya to run some errands.

The well-known restaurant Wong Soon Kee is located at Jalan SS 14/2, Subang Jaya. Its operating hours is from 2p.m. until sold out – usually 6 or 7p.m. or maybe even earlier. If you’re interested to give it a try, be there early to avoid disappointment.

I arrived at 2.56p.m. and please look at the queue! This is only half of the queue and believe me, there are more people queued behind me just for the nasi lemak.



It took me 20 minutes of queuing and finally…



I love the combination of the sambal, vege and fried chicken with some curry gravy! *Sorry, too eager to eat, a simple picture just for viewing pleasure =)*

The chicken is well-marinated, tender and juicy. The frying time is just nice, not under-cooked or over-cooked. The chicken skin is too good to describe.

It’s impossible that I can describe its tastiness unless you try it. There is a proverb that always says: “A picture paint a thousand words”. Now, “A plate of nasi lemak speaks a thousand words”.

The portion is huge right? It can be shared for 2 people if you’re a small eater. However, this is too delicious to resist. I’m sorry; I’m too selfish to share this with anybody.

###

No comments:

Post a Comment