Thursday, February 10, 2011

Lion Dance Blessing

Wikipedia definition:
Lion dance is a form of traditional dance in Chinese culture to perform the traditional custom of "cai ching" (採青), literally means "plucking the greens". The 'lion' is to pluck the auspicious green vegetables like lettuce, called 'cai'(菜)that sound like 'cai'(财)- fortune.

My watch division decided to perform lion dance blessing for the four boutiques in Pavilion - IWC, Rolex, SWG and Vertu in conjuction with Lunar New Year, as it is believed to bring good luck and fortune to the business and the troupe is rewarded with the "red envelope".

Since I'm on leave, I've the full excuse not to attend. However, it's part of my schedule to go back today for the blessing session for all four boutiques. On top of that, to also wish everyone Gong Xi Fatt Chai and most importantly to collect angpaus! Sadly, I didn’t managed to make it for the first two as I overslept.

Some photos I managed to capture using my lousy phone - time to change new phone, ey? My phone literally hung just now when I was trying to answer an incoming call!

舞狮
咚呛,咚呛


狮头,狮屁股
不是!是狮头,狮尾才对


採青


在干嘛?
羞羞的舞狮吗?


Gong Xi, Gong Xi!!


###

No comments:

Post a Comment