Saturday, May 15, 2010

Double Celebration, Double Happiness

509
Mother’s Day has become the “traditional” celebration we practice at home. When I was younger, I remember I will hide in the room for a day, busy decorating my handmade card.

As I grew elder, the personalized card has “transformed” into a lunch/dinner treat. And of course, it will not be me paying. It used to be my father and now my sister. Soon, it will be my responsibility – I can foresee.

513
Dad’s birthday!

Of course the date will also remind us on the May 13 incident, a dark day for all Malaysian.

A very funny conversation took place when I was pitching for a one-on-one interview to the Editor of one local publication, conversation as follows:

Editor: Bila ya interview tu?

Me: Disebabkan tight schedule yang my client has, we're looking at this Thursday - 13 May.

Editor: Aiya, tak mau lah. Takut.

Me: Huh?

Editor: May 13, takut keluar.

Me: *eyes blink blink* Oh! Tak der lah, kita 1Malaysia mah...


For this year celebration, sister decided to go The Apartment. Since she is paying, of course we don't mind. Let me guess the reason(s) why she wanna dine in there.

1. She never been to The Apartment.
So do my family and I

2. Mothers are entitled to a complimentary meal from a choice of five dishes available.
Sister kiasu! Mwuaaahhh……



Chicken With Avocado and Turmeric Salsa (free meal)



Fresh Tomato and Red Capsicum Soup RM10.90



Pouched Egg and Bacon RM16.90



Lemon Sole RM27.90



Tossed Pasta with Prawns RM29.90



Baked Chocolate Pudding RM15.90



Watermelon Juice RM11.90



Latte RM10.90



Thanks sis, for the awesome meal!

Finally, for the album.







It's very strange on that morning, mom, sis and I coincidently were wearing yellow. Didn't you realise that?

###

No comments:

Post a Comment