Saturday, May 8, 2010

Helms Deep Discovery

For your kind information, Helms Deep is the term our office created for the smelly yet cheap food court in Mid Valley. Its main entrance located at Ground Floor, between Big Apple Donut and the Thai restaurant.

Hemls Deep has plenty salivary food available and a few of my favourite are:

Sajian Pakcik
Malay style fried rice
I heart their nasi goreng kampong with telur dadar

Vanilas
Indian rice
My favourite is the fried bitter gourd and stir fried cabbage

There more stalls at Helms Deep offering economical and delicious lunch. Recently, I discovered another two stalls that I'm placing it into my favourite list.

Nasi Lemak Kukus
Nasi lemak lor
Yes, it sells only Nasi Lemak and it serves freshly steamed coconut rice. You will be able to see them taking the rich fresh from the steamer and pack it on-the-spot.

At the early stage of its opening, I thought myself: “Cheh, it’s just Nasi Lemak, why do you need the whole stall to sell one item?”

Surprisingly, I’m seeing a lot of customers queuing during lunch hour and particularly long. Finally, out of curiousity, I decided to give it a try. It turned out to be sooooooooo good!



Observe it. Manage to see any difference?

It’s unlike the ordinary nasi lemak whereby it comes with red sambal belacan. The “sambal belacan” served here is made by chili padi, unexpectedly tasty!

Well, this is not the craziest yet. I heard from my sister that there used to be a morning roadside Nasi Lemak stall along Jalan Ampang, served Nasi Lemak with chili sauce. Sounds crazy?

Malay Mixed Rice
Assorted dishes
I’m craving for fried fish topped with sambal belacan recently - badly, along with my favourite fried potato with sambal and sambal eggplant.



Yummy!

This is no good, I'm craving for food now! HALPPPPPPPPPP.........

###

No comments:

Post a Comment