Monday, January 25, 2010

2010 CNY Shopping Spree

There goes another year; CNY is just around the corner. So, Seet and I decided to spend a whole day yesterday to do some CNY shopping at 1-Utama.

We arrived as early as 11-ish, because we reckoned that parking will be stupidly jammed at lunch hour. Lucky enough, no jam and managed to find a nice parking spot.

This is the CNY decoration at 1-Utama, 发财猫。The发财猫is spotted everywhere in the mall.





Our first stop, of course, to hunt for food - Breakfasttttt!

Hence, we decided to go Penang Flavours for some light food. Since I’m on a diet plan now, I had only two hardboiled eggs. Looks disgusting but yummy.



Me waiting for my eggs.



Seet waiting for his breakfast to be served.



Our CNY shopping spree starts up next! Opps, but before that, Seet wants to go to the optical shop to collect his new pairs of glasses (Yes! Pairs, 2 pairs to be exact).

First stop - Pull & Bear. Seet has an idea on what he’s getting for himself, so he was done with selecting pretty quickly. I was browsing around the shop hoping that there will be something that I’m eyeing on. Unfortunately…

I sighed. “Well, it’s ok”, I thought myself.

“There are plenty more shops in 1-Utama.”

To continue shopping, we went to WH, Roxy, Forever 21, Cotton On, Zara, Nichii, some independent boutiques and higher end boutiques. And honestly, I’m quite disappointed, telling myself, in fact to Seet too, “How come I can’t find myself anything?”

Just when I was extremely moody and emotional, I spotted Kitschen. Walked in, picked a few clothes and tried them.

“Whuaaa!”

The queue at the fitting room was super long! Practically, I’m that kind of girl that loves buying without trying, equals to less hassle. But, since I’ve gained so much weight recently, I do not want to take the cannot-fit-in risk.

Picked only 2 out of I-don’t-know-how-many clothes. Not sure if I’m gonna be wearing them for CNY but somehow satisfied because I bought something, FINALLY (Yeahhh!!!!)!

Afterwards, I went to get some CNY cookies for my family. There are a lot of varieties. However, I would say that there are rather pricey though.

As we planned to spend our whole day at 1-Utama, of course, we will not forget to catch a movie. We went for movies instead - The Legion and Tiger WooHoo. I must say Tiger WooHoo is a must watch movie because it is seriously good quality for a local production (Thanks boss for the free movie tickets). *Thumbs up!*



Before movies, I suggested to Seet if we could dinner at Dragon-I. Seet agreed and there we went.

Seet and his 四川酸辣但但面。I'm loving this because it is sour and spicy, very appetizing.



Oh, not forgetting his new pair of specs. What do you think ya?

Me and my 菜肉云吞汤.



I don’t really fancy this dish because the soup tasted like double boiled chicken herbal soup. FYI, I hate Chinese herbs. A close-up of the 云吞汤:



Our appetizer, some chicken shredded salad in Chinese style. Very fresh cucumber!



While dinning at Dragon-I, Seet and I discovered a super annoying guy sitting at the table beside us. We both reckoned that we feel like smacking him because of his LYY look. FYI, LYY means 烂有型 or pretentious.

That was how basically we spent our day, paktor-ing and shopping. Enjoyable! Minus the stupid mall with stupid management! They pulled down their gates, blocked our access to the link bridge that connects old wing and new wing. Make us walked all the way from old wing after movie at about 11p.m., crossed at the main road to new wing just to get our car.

But anyway, mission accomplished! These are my achievements for the day.

CNY cookies,



And my new clothes.



###

No comments:

Post a Comment