Saturday, April 24, 2010

Nyonya Imperial

Dad: What’s for dinner? We’ll let Pui Fun to pick since she’s in a depressing mood now.

(Pui Fun: *sweating*)

Pui Fun: I don't know what to eat, why not you ask che che?

Mom: Aiyah, let’s go Dengkil. RM30++ can stuff our stomach full full.

Dad: But that’s not what she likes. What about Sri Penang?

Pui Fun: Ok, I don’t want Kitchen Village and Sri Penang.

(Dad continues driving)

Dad: There’s this Nyonya restaurant in Puchong, which is Halal. Maybe we can give it a try? Hmm, let me call friend A and B to get some comments.

(Dad’s calling)

Friend A: The place ah, so-so only leh.

Friend B: I think it was quite good.


So, there we went.

Nyonya Imperial located at Bandar Puteri Puchong.



I adored white and red are chosen as the theme. It gives me a contemporary yet traditional atmosphere.





A white stairway, decorated with elegant crystal lamp, allowed access to the top floor - an open area.



Now, here comes the F&B.

According to the restaurant manager, their most famous or favourable dishes are:

1. Curry Fish Head
2. Curry Chicken Kapitan
3. Petai Sambal Prawn
4. Penang Butter Prawn

However, amongst the four introduced dishes , we only picked one. Reason being, I don’t eat fish head; I don’t eat petai; butter prawn is too expensive.

Chicken Lobak



Curry Chicken Kapitan



Kai Lan with Salted Fish



Egg Tofu



Lemon Bali Ice



Finally, we all agreed to trust Friend A, that the foods served here are so-so only (it's not awful but it's not impressive either). We managed to locate a better Nyonya restaurant in Puchong as well, called Home Cook. I’ll definitely feature it the next time.

###

No comments:

Post a Comment